The Tawa Swimming Club was established in December 1971 and is based at the Tawa Pool. The club is a community club managed by a committee of parents.
The club has a long and proud history of teaching children from our community to swim.
Tawa Swimming Club serves as a quality community swimming club, as well as a force in the competitive swimming scene.
Tawa Swimming Club has a range of programmes - Club swimming (children ages 8-13 years, competitive and non-competitive), Competitive squad swimming (ages 9-18 years), College Swimfit (fitness and social swimming for College students) and Adult Swimfit (adult fitness and social training).
The Pool is located in Davies Street, Tawa, Wellington.
- President - Julian Hughes
- Secretary - Vacant
- Treasurer - Louise Hearns
- Race Secretary - Vicky Gibbs
- Club Captain - Dwayne Venn
- Officials Coordinator - Lisa McPhail
- Uniform Coordinator - Monika Swamy/Natasha Rogers
- Senior Squad Coordinator - Suzanne Biddington
- Committee Member - Paul Commerford
- Committee Member - Katherine Hanley
- Committee Member - Eddy Gu
- Head Coach - Nadia Booth
- Silver Squad Coach - Charlotte Gibbs
- Bronze Squad Coach - Elle Pigou
- College & Adult Swimfit Coach - Andrew Evans
- Grants Officer - Brit Schlagowski
- Pool Bookings/Council Liaison - Suzanne Biddington
- Website - Vicky Gibbs
- Junior Squad Coordinator - Jane Clark
- Membership Coordinator - VACANT
- Coach Coordinator - Trina Campbell
- Thursday Club Lane Supervisor - Trish Comeskey
- Time Trials Coordinator - VACANT
- Health & Safety Officer - VACANT
- Newsletter Editor - Vicky Gibbs