Join the Club
Tawa Swimming Club has a range of programmes - Club swimming (children ages 8-12 years, competitive and non competitive), Competitive squad swimming (ages 9-18 years), College Swimfit (fitness and social swimming for College students) and Adult Swimfit (adult fitness and social training).
Being a Member at Tawa Swimming Club lets you participate in group swimming.
To register your interest in joining the Club, please fill in the appropriate form below.
Annual subscription fee
Our membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June.
Club subscriptions are currently $225.00 (incl GST) per child. Swimming NZ (SNZ) affiliation fees are paid separately directly to SNZ.
There is no discount for second and subsequent children in a family.
Payment of your subscription implies acceptance of all club rules - our constitution and the rules outlined on your original membership form - a copy of which can be viewed un our club policies page.
Transfers from other clubs
If you are swimmer already member of another club, a different process applies to new members joining the club.
Transfer process from members at other clubs to Tawa:
- Prospective member contacts Club Captain
- Club Captain arranges a trial, with appropriate coach, at Tawa
- Coaches determine an appropriate fit/placement during a trial process
- Coaches make a recommendation regarding the application to the Committee
- Committee considers transfer applications not less than monthly
- Squad Coordinator advises applicant of the outcome
- Transfer applicants are advised to keep swimming at their current club pending the outcome of their application
- Acceptance is not guaranteed as we have limited capacity and current members take priority for available spaces
- All transfers are provisional until Club Subscriptions, Affiliation and Squad fees are paid, and Swimming Wellington completes the transfer.